Boilermaker Welders provide essential services that keep mining and construction operations running. From routine maintenance to custom fabrication, Boilermaker Welder is one mining job that isn’t going away any time soon.
- Welding mission-critical tubes and pipes
- Vat and tank fabrication, installation and maintenance
- Aligning and installing fittings and tubes
- Using specialised tools to manufacture parts and equipment
- Site inspections and preventative maintenance
Are you an experienced Boilermaker Welder looking for your next role? Speak to Premium Mechanical Group about specialist recruitment for FIFO Boilermaker Welder opportunities around Australia.
Boilermaker Welder Salary Info
Entry-level Boilermaker Welders can expect to earn around $80,000 on a full-time salary.
That quickly climbs to $140,000-$180,000 for a FIFO Boilermaker Welder with 5+ years of experience. There is variation within (and around) that range depending on:
- Years of experience
- Specialist skills
- Working conditions
- Contract details
- Seniority level
Earn above industry standard with Premium Mechanical Group
Premium Mechanical is a specialist FIFO recruiter. Our agreements position you to earn above industry standard, with job security and ongoing support
We pay Boilermaker Welders between $50-$60 per hour plus superannuation.
Our elite tradespeople are the best in the business. Clients know when they come to us for Boilermaker Welders, they are sourcing reliable and high-quality talent.
Tailored recruitment packages
When you work with Premium Mechanical Group, you always have our team’s support. Our tailored recruitment packages find you more than a mining job: we provide programs, benefits and tailored training to progress through the ranks.
- Ability to move up into Supervisory or Planning roles
- Tailored career development opportunities including upskilling and dual trades
- Competitive employee benefit programs
- Salary sacrifice options for tools, flights, subscriptions, relocation and more
- Industry-leading training programs
About the job
Let’s talk shop. As an experienced Boilermaker Welder taking on a mining job, you are expected to bring relevant experience and high professional standards.
Day-to-day responsibilities vary depending on the site and company where you are placed. But our recruiters look for:
- Mobile plant equipment experience (essential)
- Bucket and tray rebuild and repairs
- Fabrication works
- Heavy welding experience
- Experience working in remote areas and on mine sites
- Working to tight deadlines
- Strong safety track record
Some or all the following qualifications are required to work as a Boilermaker Welder in Australia:
- Engineering Fabrication Trade (Welding) (Heavy/Welding)
- Engineering Tradesperson (Fabrication) (Boilermaker)
- AS1796 Welding Supervisor Certificate 10
- AS2214 Welding Supervisor
- Welding Specialist
- Welding Inspector
- Welding Engineer
- Welding Technologist
We encourage senior Boilermaker Welders to apply with Premium Mechanical. However, if you hold basic qualifications and a desire to upskill, we can support your transition into Supervisory or Planning roles.
Find FIFO Boilermaker Welder roles at Premium Mechanical Group
Premium Mechanical Group can help you navigate the mining job market and find the best role for your skills. We employ over 200 elite tradespeople in FIFO and mining, construction and transport roles right around Australia.
You can apply for open positions directly through our Jobs page or contact the team for a confidential career discussion.